Search & Win

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hallowe'en Wall Hanging... (eep! I love Halloween!)

   oh... yeah. my blog. OOPS! I never remember to update this...so sorry! It IS on my to do list...
   A friend of mine posted a Halloween hanging on my FB wanting me to do one... so I did! I have been getting crafty as much as I can (I moved again... and I am now unpacked!) I made this Hallowe'en art to hand on my door, but now, I'm afraid the neighborhood kids may swipe it so it will be hung indoors. 



   I used the MME Lost and Found Halloween collection and some May Arts ribbon that my wonderful friend Jasmine sent me. You can check out her blog... http://www.wildflowerford.blogspot.com/
   She does lovely work!
   I also used some MM charms, the metal ones are colored with Ginger alcohol inks, a brad from last years MME line, Haunted, chipboard for the backing and black textured cardstock. It is inked with vintage photo distress ink too ^_^ The middle  center piece has burned edges, the other center pieces have a slightly distressed and inked edge. All the layers are 'popped' so that they stand out a bit and give good shadows
  This is a close up of the top section... It measures 7" x 6 1/4"



Here is the middle... it is 8" x 7 1/4"

And finally... the bottom, it is 9" x 8 1/4"


I'm thrilled with the way it came out... tho next time I will pay a bit more attention to ribbon placement. Not to bad for an attempt with a couple of kids who are set on driving me mad!

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome wall hanging, Pan. I think you are smart to keep it indoors if you're not sure about the neighbors-it's too pretty to lose!

    ReplyDelete